Five non-combatants – including a woman and child – were reported killed and more than five people injured in an alleged Russian airstrike targeting the town of Khan Shaikhoun.
The Shaam News Network said three civilians were killed in the raid, while the Union of Hamas rebels reported that four people died. The VDC put the death toll even higher, at five.
According to the Syrian Network for Human Rights, a Russian rocket was launched next to Ahmad Al Ta’an School. The school and surrounding houses were reported partially destroyed.
The Violations Documentation Center named five victims.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
The victims were named as:
Family members (3)
- Firas Najem al-Taean Adult male killed
- Abdo Khaled al-Taean Adult male killed
- Abdo Ibraheem al-Taean Adult male killed
- Hiam Salloum al-Abd Adult female killed
- Husam Jamal Faraj Child male listed under Lattamna, but VDC states he was killed at Khan Sheikhoun killed
Sources (13) [ collapse]
Russian Military Assessment:
Original strike reports
Russia has published no details of its Syria airstrikes for the period November 13th-16th 2015 inclusive.