Between two and five civilians were killed in an air raid on the district of Bustan al Basha, Aleppo, according to local media. While the majority of sources attributed the event to Russia, there were also reports that the regime had been active over the neighbourhood on this day.
Syria News Desk reported that “at least five civilians were killed in Bustan al Basha [when] Russian warplanes targeted more than 50 areas under the control of the opposition in Aleppo and its countryside areas.”
A tweet from Syria News Time at 06:13 put the death toll at two civilians. However, a later tweet, at 12:28 from Shahba Press, said that the death toll had risen to five.
HNN listed five unidentified civilians as killed “following Russian enemy raids”.
However, @aleppo_on_line said that explosive barrels – a weapon known to be used by the regime – had been dropped on the neighbourhood, while @AksAlsear pointed to both “Assad and Putin’s planes”.
It is currently unknown how many were injured in the raid.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
Sources (9) [ collapse]
Russian Armed Forces Assessment:
Original strike reports
Russia has not reported any specific strikes between November 1st – 30th 2016.
On 6 January 2017, Russia, however, reported: “Since November 8, 2016, the aircraft carrier group of the Northern Fleet consisting of the heavy aircraft carrying cruiser Admiral Kuznetsov, the heavy nuclear missile cruiser Pyotr Velikiy, the large ASW ship Severomorsk, as well as auxiliary vessels of the Black Sea Fleet, has been fulfilling counterterrorist missions on the territory of Syria”, adding that ”in the course of two months of their participation in the combat actions, naval aviation pilots have carried out 420 combat sorties, 117 of them were night ones”.
Additionally, Russia reported that its air forces have carried out strikes in Aleppo during November and December 2016.