In a single source claim, five civilians were killed – including three brothers under the age of 18 and their mother, and a man – in an alleged Russian airstrike on Douma.
There are no other details at this time.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
The victims were named as:
Family members (4)
- Karam Waleed Wazeer 6 years old male from Douma, mothers name Samar Reslan killed
- Kadi Waleed Wazeer 12 years old male from Douma, mothers name Samar Reslan killed
- Obada Waleed Wazeer 4 years old male from Douma, mothers name Samar Reslan killed
- Samar Roslan Adult female Mother of children named above, from Douma killed
- Saeed Marjan Abdul Azeez Folfol 22 years old male killed
Sources (1) [ collapse]
Russian Armed Forces Assessment:
Original strike reports
Russia has not reported any specific strikes between November 1st – 30th 2016.
On 6 January 2017, Russia, however, reported: “Since November 8, 2016, the aircraft carrier group of the Northern Fleet consisting of the heavy aircraft carrying cruiser Admiral Kuznetsov, the heavy nuclear missile cruiser Pyotr Velikiy, the large ASW ship Severomorsk, as well as auxiliary vessels of the Black Sea Fleet, has been fulfilling counterterrorist missions on the territory of Syria”, adding that ”in the course of two months of their participation in the combat actions, naval aviation pilots have carried out 420 combat sorties, 117 of them were night ones.”