Fourteen or more non-combatants were killed and dozens injured in the shelling of Eastern Ghouta.
Since the attack reportedly involved both airstrikes including cluster munitions (by either Russian or Assad regime aircraft), as well as ground artillery fire from pro-government forces, attribution for the deaths remains unclear.
According to SNN, the “‘Sharia public body’ in eastern Ghouta announced the cancellation of Friday prayers in all the mosques of the city due to the violent bombardment the city is suffering and to preserve the lives of Muslims.
“Despite news of the agreement of a truce between Assad forces and rebels in eastern Ghouta as a goodwill gesture, the city suffered heavy shelling with all types of weapons, rockets from Assad forces on Thursday, in addition to several raids by Russian aircraft.”
The local time of the incident is unknown.
- Ghaleb al-Baghdadi Adult male killed
- Yousef Smoad Adult male killed
- Baraa Hasaba Child female killed
- Mohammad Taha al-Lamdani Adult male killed
- Yasser Hasan Abdul Aal Adult male killed
- Abo Khaled Nsair Adult male killed
- Lukman al-Sleek Adult female killed
- Mohammad Jamal Basheir al-Derra Adult male killed
- Qamar Killis Adult female killed
- Rabea Killis Adult female killed
- Rayan Yehya Merjan Child female young girl who died from injuries sustained a few days previously “due to the Russian air forces shelling.” killed
- Bashar Krenbe Adult male killed
- Mohammad Nour al-Sayed Hasan Adult male killed
Sources (8) [ collapse]
Russian Military Assessment:
Original strike reports
No mention of strikes in Damascus governorate were made by Russia in its report for November 19th 2015.