One civilian girl died “as a result of Russian bombing” at Ashara, according to Deir Ezzor Is Being Slaughtered and others.
The Violations Documentation Center named one woman or child as a victim of alleged shelling by Russian warplanes. It lists her as killed in Ashara, Deir Ezzor. Maha had previously been injured in an Assad regime strike on the town in September 2014.
Reporting for the event is confused, with Halab Today TV linking Maha’s death to another strike in Maskaneh in eastern Aleppo. According to the caption for that video, six people were killed in this second event. Additionally, more five fatalities published by names.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
The victims were named as:
Family members (4)
- Ahmed Khalaf Al-Melhem Adult male killed
- Bilal Aboud Hdid al A’kla female Ahmed Khalaf Al-Melhem wife killed
- Bassel Ahmed Sweileh Melhem Adult male killed
- Rimal Bashir Mohammed Alsatam female Bassel Ahmed Sweileh Melhem wife killed
- Maha Ghazi al-Abbad Adult female named by VDC killed
- Abdul Wahid al Shams al Saleh Al Sabti Age unknown male a young male killed
Sources (14) [ collapse]
Russian Military Assessment:
Original strike reports
Russia reported that “On November 20, the ships of the Caspian flotilla performed launches of 18 cruise missiles against 7 targets in the Raqqah, Idlib and Aleppo provinces. All the aims were hit.” It added that “29 aircraft of long-range and bomber aviation made strikes from the zone of the Caspian Sea,” though gave no details of the areas targeted.