At least five civilians, including two women and two children, were killed in alleged Russian evening airstrikes that targeted Khan Subul.
Step TV later interviewed an eyewitness, an unnamed boy who notes: “A plane hit here and hit our neighbour’s home, so they were martyred. This is where it happened; it was Russian planes.”
The VDC (which blamed the deaths on unspecified ‘airstrikes’) has named the five of the victims.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
The victims were named as:
Family members (4)
- Amoun Bakeer Adult female named by VDC killed
- Saad Ahmad Bakeer Adult male named by VDC killed
- Waad Ahmad Saeid Bakeer Child male named by VDC killed
- Kawthar Ibraheem Saedi Bakeer Adult female named by VDC killed
- Yousef Alaa Abdul Lateef al-Safar Child male named by VDC killed
Sources (9) [ collapse]
Russian Armed Forces Assessment:
Original strike reports
Russia confirmed the following for November 21st-23rd 2015: “Aircraft of the Russian Aerospace Forces have performed 141 combat sorties engaging 472 terrorist objects in the Aleppo, Damascus, Idlib, Latakia, Hama, Homs, Raqqah, and Deir ez-Zor provinces.” Videos showed at least six separate targets in Idlib governorate struck by Russia.