Between four and 24 people were killed in an airstrike on Al-Labed, local media reported. Sources were conflicted as to who was to blame, with some attributing blame to the Syrian regime, and others pointing to Russian warplanes.
Most sources reported that seven civilians were killed, however some later reports vaguely suggested that as many as “dozens were killed” – which is much higher than the initial reporting.
Only two civilians were named as wounded, despite most sources reporting that “dozens were wounded”, in a “massacre”, on Al-Labdel.
One source reported that six of the civilians were from the same family. One of the women was allegedly pregnant.
Additionally, it is reported that some of the injured were in a critical condition, therefore it is expected that the number of deaths was to rise.
Many residential homes were also reportedly destroyed in the raid.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
The victims were named as:
Family members (2)
- Jumana Jaber Al-Makhlaf Adult female killed
- The husband Abu Malek Al-Bourdani Adult male killed
- Khalil Al Layli’s second daughter Child female in a serious condition injured
- Jaber Al-Makhlaf Age unknown in a serious condition injured
- Nasra al-Nasser Adult female the wife of Jaber al-Makhlaf killed
- Khalil Al Layli’s daughter Child female killed
- The wife of Jaber al-Makhlaf Adult female killed
- Jumana Jaber al-Makhlaf and fetus Adult female pregnant killed
- husband of Jumana “ Wassim al-Sulaiman al-Hasan” Adult male killed
- Alaa Khalil al Waka’a Age unknown killed
Sources (15) [ collapse]
Russian Military Assessment:
Original strike reports
Russia has not reported any specific strikes between January 1st – 31st 2017.