Five or six civilians – a woman and her children – died in an alleged Russia or regime airstrike on Aneek Bajra village in eastern Hama, according to sources on the ground,
The Syrian Network for Human Rights was among sources blaming the regime, reporting: “Six civilians (a woman and her five children) died when Syrian regime warplanes (allies) missiles fired on Anaiq Bajerra village in Hama governorate eastern suburbs, January 16, 2017.”
However, other sources including the Step News Agency, the Violations Documentation Center (who named five victims) and the Shaam News Network (SNN) attributed the event to Russia.
According to SNN, “Russian warplanes targeted the village of Aneek Bajra in the-eastern side of the province of Hama, causing an appalling massacre against children and their mother, and destroying several residential buildings in the area.”
The local time of the incident is unknown.
The victims were named as:
Family members (5)
- Abd al-Hamid Abd al-Sattar al-Mostafa Child male killed
- Abd al-Majeed Abd al-Sattar al-Mostafa Child male killed
- Mohammad Abd al-Sattar al-Mostafa Child male killed
- Fatima Abd al-Sattar al-Mostafa Child female killed
- Soria Ahmad al-Rashed Adult female killed