Between three and eight civilians were killed, and dozens more were wounded, in a multi-strike raid on Darat Izza, Aleppo, local media reported. All sources blamed Russian warplanes for the airstrikes on the town.
A local source reported that a school was struck in the first raid, and published images showing material damage to the infrastructure.
Al-Hajji pointed out that the second raid hit an area close to the site of the first raid, striking a gathering of civilian housing, resulting in at least 10 of them being injured.
Video footage shows parachute missiles descending upon the town, and the exact moment they hit Darat Izza.
Most sources said that the youths killed were playing football when they were killed.
Smart news reported that 22 civilians were either killed or wounded during the raid, however, some sources put the figures much higher claiming that as many as 24 were wounded alone.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
- Mohammad Bassam Ajouz Adult male killed
- Abdul Salam Yehya Zeene Child male killed
- Amer Yehya Zeene Adult male killed
- Anas Munther al-Jerr Adult male killed
- Raghad Ahmad Flees Child female killed
- Ahmad Basel al-Kasha Adult male killed
- Mosaab Mahmoud Najjar Adult male killed
- Amer al-Najjar Adult male killed
Sources (21) [ collapse]
Russian Armed Forces Assessment:
Original strike reports
Russia has not reported any specific strikes between March 1st - 31st 2017.