Up to five civilians, including one to two children, were reported killed and six injured in an alleged Russian airstrike on Azaz, according to multiple sources.
The Syrian Network for Human Rights reported that three non-combatants, including one child, died when Russian warplanes launched several rockets targeting the road leading to the border crossing point with Turkey. A pro-regime tweet instead claimed that “Russian warplanes raids target a convoy coming from Turkey to support the terrorists of al Nusra Front via Izaz in the northern Aleppo countryside.”
The White Helmets put the death toll at five and said the victims were from the same family and included two children. However, in their Facebook post, they stated that the area was attacked by “warplanes“, not specifying any nationality.
The VDC named the two victims and another man as an unidentified.
The Syrian Network for Human Rights listed one additional victim by name.
Halab News named Mohammad Hussein Barhawi, who it said was an FSA fighter.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
Sources (18) [ collapse]
Russian Armed Forces Assessment:
Original strike reports
Russia reported that “In the course of the last week, November 26 – December 4, the Russian aircraft have performed 431 combat sorties from the Hmeymim airbase making pinpoint strikes on 1458 terrorist objects in the Aleppo, Idlib, Latakia, Hama, Homs, Deir ez-Zor and Raqqah provinces.”