As many as eight civilians were killed, and dozens more were wounded in an airstrike on a residential neighbourhood in Hamouriya. Sources were conflicted regarding who was to blame. All sources blamed the Syrian regime except Smart who pointed to Russian warplanes. The shelling reportedly occurred in conjunction with many other raids on towns in the countryside of Damascus.
TRT Arabic tweeted that dozens were killed and injured following Syrian regime raids on Hamouriya. They also published photographs of injured children being treated in a medical facility.
Hazem Alshami published footage of the exact moment the raids hit, and captioned the video “An airstrike with seven rockets from the cities of Sakaba and Hamouriya in eastern Al-Ghouta”.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
- Ammar al-Qusayr Age unknown killed
- Nour al - Masri Child killed
- Maria El Masri Child female killed
- Mohamed El Masry Child male killed
- Adnan Idris Age unknown killed
- Kaseem Badawi Age unknown killed
- Abdel Rahman Ismail Age unknown killed
Sources (11) [ collapse]
Russian Military Assessment:
Original strike reports
Russia has not reported any specific strikes between April 1st - 31st 2017.