Up to 20 civilians were killed, including two women and seven children, in an alleged Russian airstrike on Orm Al-Jouz, according to multiple sources.
All of the known sources attributed responsibility to Russian warplanes or suspected Russian warplanes.
Qasioun News reported that “five raids with rockets and other cluster bombs” were carried out on Orm Al-Jouz. They stated that more than 19 civilians had died and dozens of others were in a critical condition.
Syrian Press Centre, who initially put the death toll at 14, reported that “the Russian warplanes launched several aerial bombardments of civilian houses in the town”
Up to 21 civilians were also wounded in the attack, according to Step News who added that a residential complex in which there was a number of shops was targeted.
Syrian Network for Human Rights detailed that a “RBK-500 cluster munitions incubator carrying ShOAB-0.5 munitions were fired by suspected Russian warplanes on Orm al Jouz town”.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
- Seoud Ahmad Seoud Adult male killed
- Ibraheem Ahmad Seoud Adult male killed
- Nour Ibraheem Habo Adult female killed
- Obada Mohammad Zanklo Adult male killed
- Ibraheem Anees Kherbotly Adult male killed
- Fayez Thabet Kherbotly Adult male killed
- Fardous Fatima Habo Child female killed
- Hosain Salim Qrqanawi Child male killed
- Hasan Salim Qarqanawi Child male killed
- Mohammad Abdo al-Shati Child male killed
- Abdullah al-Gazawi Child male killed
- Mahmoud Sahloul Adult male killed
- Yousef Ahmad Qadi Child male killed
- Abd al-Rahman Gazawi Adult male killed
- Mostafa Khaled Zanklo Child male killed
- Mostafa Hosain al-Kheder Adult male killed
- Ali Mostafa al-Kheder Adult male killed
- Abd al-Wahab Nakouh Adult male killed
Sources (37) [ collapse]
Russian Armed Forces Assessment:
Original strike reports
Russia has not reported any specific strikes between April 1st - 31st 2017.