Seven to nine civilians, including two women and two children, were killed in an airstrike in the Sadd neighbourhood in Dara’a, according to local media sources – though it was unclear whether Russia or the Assad regime were responsible.
Seven civilians were listed in the Violations Documentations Centre with their cause of death recorded as “warplane shelling” from “Russian troops”. Two others were named in tweets from @Kvrschms, who also reported that Russia was responsible.
PanoramaFM reported that “ warplanes and helicopters launched intensive air strikes with rockets and explosive barrels on the neighborhoods of Daraa al-Balad and Al-Sad neighborhood” – it is known that explosive barrels were used by the Assad regime.
Syrian Network for Human Rights did not positively identify the warplanes and reported that the attack was from the “Syrian-Russian alliance”.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
- Ilham Salem al-Haek Adult female killed
- Hadel Ahmad al-Masri Adult female killed
- Tareq Ziad al-Masri Child male killed
- Muhammad Ziad al-Masri Child male killed
- Muhammad Ibrahem al-Masri Adult male killed
- Nawara Isam Dalloa Child female killed
- Imad Issam Dalloa Child male killed
- Asraa Mohammed al-Nuaimi Adult male Displaced from Golan killed
- Hamid Miri Al-Karad Adult male killed
Sources (12) [ collapse]
Russian Armed Forces Assessment:
Original strike reports
Russia has not reported any specific strikes between April 1st - 31st 2017.