Nine named civilians including a child were reported killed – and at least 10 others injured – when Russian warplanes allegedly launched rockets on the northern suburbs of Aleppo, targeting a truck on the road to the Bab Al Salama crossing point, according to the Syrian Network for Human Rights. The network also stated that several freight cars were burnt in the alleged raid.
Abdul Kader, a local media activist said: “At 6 pm Russian warplanes which were flying at a high altitude launched an airstrike on our city. The first targeted an office that organizes the entry of trucks to Bab Al Salama crossing point, which is 4km away from the border. The second strike targeted a square 3km away from the Bab Al-Salam border crossing point.”
The pro-regime site Syrian Microscope claimed the trucks were carrying ammunition for rebel groups. However, Enabbaladi said, “most of the trucks on this road usually bring relief goods from Turkey to help the displaced or needy alike.”
Seven victims were named by the Syrian Network for Human Rights.
The VDC also listed two unidentified victims.
Unidentified 1 – adult, male “Due to the Russian airforces shelling on Izaz – Bab al Salamah road, his body was found charred.”
Unidentified 2 – adult, male. Listed as above.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
- Abdul Hakim Eido Age unknown male Named by SN4HR killed
- Bilal Al Daqa Age unknown male Named by SN4HR killed
- Ahmad Matar al-Zgeer Child male Named by SN4HR killed
- Elawi Mohammad al-Sanad Adult male Named by SN4HR killed
- Abdullah Khaled Al Khaled Child male Named by SN4HR killed
- Abdul Wahab Mohammad Al Sharif Adult male Named by SN4HR killed
- Fares Abdul Razaq Fares Age unknown male Named by SN4HR killed
- Unidentified 1 Adult male Named by VDC killed
- Unidentified 2 Adult male Named by VDC killed
Sources (10) [ collapse]
Russian Armed Forces Assessment:
Original strike reports
Russia reported that “In the course of the last week, November 26 – December 4, the Russian aircraft have performed 431 combat sorties from the Hmeymim airbase making pinpoint strikes on 1458 terrorist objects in the Aleppo, Idlib, Latakia, Hama, Homs, Deir ez-Zor and Raqqah provinces.”