Between 11 and 14 civilians were killed – from two families – and others were wounded, following an airstrike on Samouma, Aleppo, according to local media. Sources were conflicted as to who was to blame for the strikes. Some sources attributed blame to the Syrian regime, including the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, however most blamed Russia.
The Syrian Network for Human Rights specified that the Syrian regime helicopters dropped barrel bombs on the vicinity. Local journalist, Ahmad al Shibli, however reported Russian warplanes were responsible.
Sources reported that the victims were from the family of Abdel Wahab Al-Ahmad and the family of Abdul Aziz Jassim Al-Mahmoud, as well as two other young people – according to Step News.
The bombing consisted of seven raids, and destroyed as many as five houses.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
The victims were named as:
Family members (5)
- Abdel Aziz Jassem al Mahmoud 55 years old male killed
- Marwa al Mahmoud 16 years old female killed
- Da’aa al Mahmoud 14 years old female killed
- Louay al Mahmoud 12 years old male killed
- Tarek al Mahmoud 9 years old male killed
Family members (7)
- Zahra al Makiz Age unknown female killed
- Haifaa al Mahmoud 16 years old female killed
- Bara’a al Mahmoud 14 years old female killed
- Hiba 6 years old female killed
- Buthaina 6 years old female killed
- Hanan 4 years old female killed
- Manal 3 years old female killed
- Zakour Mustapha al Midhi 37 years old killed
Sources (7) [ collapse]
Russian Armed Forces Assessment:
Original strike reports
Russia has not reported any specific strikes between May 1st - 31st 2017.