Between ten and 15 civilians died, including ten or 11 from the Bakhour family, in an alleged Russian airstrike on their home in Abu Huwadid village near Akeirbat, according to sources on the ground. Sources attributed the blame to Russia.
The Local council of Akeirbat and its countryside on Facebook said that the only survivor from the family was the wife of Abu Hassan Bakour, Umm Hassan Bakr. Syria2011 also said that only one woman from the family survived, though it didn’t name her.
According to Zamanalwasl, “Abdul Latif Bakour, the head of the family, was a bulldozer driver in the town of Talbisa for more than 20 years. He left work for a private job. He is from a poor family, and his entire family was displaced to the Hama desert because of the very violent shelling of his city over the past six years, which led to the destruction of 70% of his family’s houses”.
Syria News Desk said that the family had earlier fled from Talbisa village in the northern countryside of Homs.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said that 11 people from the family had died,”including four citizen women”, while Zamanalwasl put the death toll as high as 15 (including 10 from the Bakhour family).
The local time of the incident is unknown.
The victims were named as:
Family members (10)
- Abd al-Lateef Bakour Adult male killed
- Hassan Abd al-Lateef Bakour Adult male killed
- Abd al-Lateef Hassan Bakour Adult male killed
- Abd al-Qader Abd al-Lateef Bakour Child male killed
- Abd al-Rahman Abd al-Hamid Bakour Adult male killed
- Somia Abd al-Lateef Bakour Child female killed
- Ayman Hassan Bakour Adult male killed
- Husam Hassan Bakour Adult male killed
- Daughter of Hassan Bakour 1 Child female killed
- Daughter of Hassan Bakour 2 Child female killed