Between 16 and 30 civilians were reported killed and more than 50 others injured (“most of them women and children”), when Russian warplanes allegedly dropped four missiles on the popular market town of Jissrain (‘Two Bridges’), destroying residential buildings and shops according to reports.
Activists told Shaam News Network that the civilians had been “shot to pieces.” Reported deaths quickly rose from 11 to 27 and then to 30, with dozens of people injured, some critically. Local hospitals were said to have been overwhelmed.
Civilians killed have been named by VDC. 2 unidentified women, 2 unidentified men and 1 unidentified child was also discovered.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
The victims were named as:
Family members (7)
- Suleiman Darweish Adult male killed
- Rafat Darweish Adult male killed
- Abdulrazzaq Darweish Adult killed
- Daughter of Nazem Darweish Child female killed
- Daughter of Abo Diab Darweish Child female killed
- Mohammad Khaled Darweish Child male killed
- Abdulrhamen Jabri Darweish Adult male killed
Family members (2)
- Dia al-Nabki Adult male killed
- Wael al-Nabki Adult male killed
- Hassan al-Khateib Adult male killed
- Mohammad Zuheir Abdulhay Adult male killed
- Khaled Abdulqader Makawi Adult male killed
Sources (12) [ collapse]
from sources (1) [ collapse]
This media contains graphic content. Click to unblur.
Russian Military Assessment:
Original strike reports
For November 26th-December 4th 2015, Russia made no public mention of carrying out strikes in Damascus governorate.