Up to 20 civilians were reported killed – including 6 to 7 children and 2 women – and about 40 injured in an alleged Russian airstrike with vacuum missiles on Zamalka, according to multiple sources.
Al Jazeera reported that 12 civilians including two children died in the attack, while All4Syria said nearly 50 non-combatants died or were injured when four rockets were fired on Zamalka, stating that most of the casualties were women and children. It also said activists who documented the alleged attack were unable to identify all of the dead because so many bodies were torn apart in the raid, with parents finding four decapitated children.
An All4Syria.info report added that the White Helmets moved the wounded to medical points in the region, while other medical sources suggested that the death toll increased because of the limited resources of the medical points.
The White Helmets themselves said they had spent nearly four hours attending the site and found the body of a woman under the rubble of buildings in a residential area, while another body was found on one of the roofs of surrounding buildings. They also reported that a child died as a result on injuries, putting the death toll at 16.
The Shaam News Network also put the death toll at 16 after a residential area was targeted. Like All4Syria.info, they stated that many of the bodies were unrecognisable, concluding that “this has always been the city similar to the bombing amid reports targeting popular market and the fall of the martyrs and the wounded.”
The victims have been named by VDC and Syria 2011.
Two unidentified victims were also listed:
Unidentified 1 – adult, male
Unidentified 2 – adult, male
The local time of the incident is unknown.
The victims were named as:
Family members (5)
- Fadi Basel Harata Child male killed
- Saleh Harata Child male killed
- Mohammad Harata Child male killed
- Basel Harata Adult male killed
- Basima Harata Adult female killed
Family members (2)
- Samer Nizar al-Baghdadi Child male killed
- Aamer Nizar al-Baghdadi Child male killed
Family members (2)
- Mahmoud Zain Adnan al-Otri Adult male killed
- Adnan Ahmad al-Otri Adult male killed
- Hala al-Rhayem Child female killed
- Bassam al-Rahim Adult male killed
- Hassan Kbara Adult male killed
- Kamel al-Ghosh Adult male killed
- Qamara or Amra al-Ajhar Adult female killed
- Nizar al-Baghdadi Adult male killed
- Kamra Al Ajhar Age unknown killed
- Bassila Hrata Age unknown female [“Her body was recovered from under the rubble this morning.”] killed
- Mohammad Majed Kbara Child male killed
Sources (10) [ collapse]
from sources (2) [ collapse]
This media contains graphic content. Click to unblur.
Russian Armed Forces Assessment:
Original strike reports
Russia has published no known record of its strikes in Syria between December 4th-8th.