Four to six civilians were killed and several others were injured in an ‘aerial bombardment’ on the town of al-Kharita in Deir Ezzor Governorate on September 11th 2017. Sources claimed warplanes belonging either to Russian forces or the Syrian regime conducted these air raids on a camp for internally displaced people that was set up on the banks of the Euphrates.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights noted that warplanes returned to the ‘carry out a new massacre at the site of a massacre carried out [the earlier day] in the western countryside of Deir Ezzor.’
The local time of the incident is unknown.
The victims were named as:
Family members (2)
- Ahmed Al-Mousa Al-Hussein Age unknown male killed
- Aouishah Hamdah Al Hussein Age unknown female killed
- the daughter of Jaber Yasin al-Amer Age unknown female killed
- the daughter of Ibrahim Mohammed Al-Khalif Age unknown male killed
- Melhem Adult male A mechanic killed
- Son of Melhem Age unknown male killed