Twenty-three civilians including eight children and one woman were reported killed and 20 injured in an airstrike on a residential area of Hamouriya, according to multiple sources. Reports were conflicted as to whether the attack was the work of Russia or the Assad regime.
The Shaam News Network initially said 14 non-combatants died in a “massacre” by Russian warplanes. It later put the death toll at 18. The White Helmets posted videos and images depicting fires and destruction. It initially listed 18 dead, with the final list rising to 23. The civil defence group did not say who was responsible for the raid.
The Syrian Network for Human Rights was alone in blaming the regime, reporting that at least 12 civilians were killed including four children when two missiles hit several shops.
The White Helmets’ released a final list with names including one unidentified person.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
The victims were named as:
Family members (2)
- Ibtisam Abdel Nasser al-Khatib Child killed
- Raghad Abdel Nasser al-Khatib 2 years old killed
- Mohammed Al Kassir Child male killed
- Taka Sarya al Zein Child killed
- Hadi Darkish Child killed
- Abdel Nasser al-Khatib Child male killed
- Mayssa Wahba Age unknown killed
- Islam Al Hassan Child killed
- Yamen Amin Abbas Child killed
- Ibrahim al-Shami Age unknown killed
- Said Abdel Al Jawad Age unknown killed
- Ismail Mohammed al-Khatib Age unknown killed
- Saeed Ismail al-Khati Age unknown killed
- Mohammed Wasim Al Kharbotal Age unknown male killed
- Abdul Mou’een Al Zein Age unknown male killed
- Khalid Saeed Al Zoubi Age unknown killed
- Mohamed Mohamed Hadida Age unknown male killed
- Mohamed Mohamed Al Outani Age unknown male killed
- Tahssin Al Durra Age unknown killed
- Samer Safayya Age unknown killed
- Jalal A’llam Age unknown killed
- Khalid Al Sheikha Age unknown killed
Sources (17) [ collapse]
Russian Armed Forces Assessment:
Original strike reports
Russia has published no known record of its strikes in Syria between December 4th-8th.