Between three and 17 civilians, including two to four children and one to three women, were killed and between 26 and 30 others were injured in alleged Russian airstrikes against the al Gharbi neighbourhood and Karaj Halab area in the city of Jisr al Shoughour in the western countryside of Idlib, according to local sources. Sources were conflicted as to who was to blame, with some such as, Syrian Network for Human Rights and Idlib Media Centre, blaming Russian forces, while others blamed the Assad regime.
Idlib Media Centre originally published the low estimate of three civilians killed but later increased their estimate to 17 killed.
According to Smart News Agency, the airstrikes struck residential neighbourhoods in Jisr al Shoughour and were launched during a time when there had been an agreement to ease airstrikes against Idlib, including Russian promises to build protection towers.
Dr. Ahmad Mouaffaq zeidan tweeted that there was material damage to the local hospital.
Moaz al shami tweeted that a “massacre committed by Russian warplanes in the market in the centre of jisr alshoughour killing so far at least 17 martyrs and more than 50 injured following more than 12 Russian raids that targeted civilian areas.” In the footage he pointed to the burning shops and says that more than 40 shops were destroyed in addition to a dozen homes.
In another video published by Moaz al shami the reporter in the video said (whilst pointing to the scene) that “this is the blood of the falafel seller who turned to fragments inside his shop, this is the bread from his shop. People’s livelihood has mingled with their blood. More than 40 shops have been totally destroyed and more than 30 homes destroyed in more than 12 Russian raids.”
The local time of the incident is unknown.
- Rafif Sharout Child female killed
- Adel Sharout Child male killed
- Omer Haj Mosa Adult male killed
- Raed Rashed Baydaq Adult male killed
- Mohammad al-Shaikh Salem Adult male killed
- Mohammad Aktae Adult male killed
- Khadija al-Zoufi Adult female killed
- Ali Rashad Bakrjan Adult male killed
- Abeer Jerji Adult female killed
- Khaled Baydaq Adult male killed
- Mostafa Alyo Adult male killed
- Wael Sofi Adult male killed
- Ahmad Qazmouz Adult male killed