Between one and three civilians, including a child, were killed and up to 11 more were wounded in alleged Russian or Syrian regime air and artillery strikes against the town of Bdama in the western village of Jisr al-Shoughour, according to local sources.
The initial estimate was that only one civilian, a child, had died but another civilian died the following day, September 26th, from his wounds sustained during the airstrike.
Conflicting reports were given as to who was responsible for carrying out the airstrikes against Bdama. The Syrian Network for Human Rights offered contradictory information, blaming Russian forces in one report while blaming regime forces in another report. However, the other source that reported on the incident, Idlib Media Centre, identified Russian planes as responsible for the airstrikes.
Orient News published an interview with the civil defence. Here is a rough transcript:
At 0’30” in the interview: I don’t know what to tell you. This is a civilian area, and it got hit at ten in the morning. Go and target military areas, we don’t mind. One man died while he was fixing his tractor. He has six kids
At 1’15” in the interview with a doctor. “The regime is targeting the liberated coast and west of Jisr al Shoughour. All the injured and dead are civilians. There were about twenty of them including three martyrs of whom two were kids. Those injured were women, kids, old people, and a few young civilian men.”
“At 2’20” a reporter says: “Regime planes and helicopters are targeting al Badama alongside Russian planes and regime artillery.”
The local time of the incident is unknown.
The victims were named as:
Family members (2)
- Ammar Ahmed Hamoudi Child injured
- Fadwa Hamoudi Child female injured
- Mohammad Nasser Hassoun 4 years old male killed
- Sister of Hamza Sadiq Age unknown female injured
- Hamza Sadiq 20 years old male " a college student at faculty of Pharmacy from Jisr al Shoghour city" Other sources said he was a pharmacist killed
- Fadwa Hamoudi Age unknown female injured
- Mohamed A'raj Age unknown male injured
- Juma Khalilu Adult killed
- Bashir Stouf Adult injured