In what has been described as a “massacre”, between 12 and 54 civilians were killed, and up to 80 more were seriously wounded, in an alleged Russian and Syrian regime raid on a water crossing linking Hajeen with A’shara town. Most sources blamed Russian warplanes for the strikes, some sources blamed “unknown” warplanes, however the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights blamed the “Syrian-Russian” alliance. Aletihadpress reported that a “Su-22 fighter targeted the crossing”.
Fourteen civilians from one family are included in the death tolls, as well as eight Iraqi refugees.
The seriousness of injures meant that local mosques were allegedly calling for blood donations, “in light of the lack of medical resources in the region”, according to SyrianPC. Additionally, it was reported by multiple sources that the number of civilian causalities was likely to rise.
The “six Russian warplanes” which carried out more than six raids “targeted ships carrying displaced peoples” according to a source. Syrian Press Centre reported that there were as many as “three cluster bomb attacks”.
There were many unidentified casualties, and many more missing civilians in the aftermath. According to Geroun News, “continuous shelling of the region and the extent of destruction” made it difficult to recover victims.
Over the course of the day, between 100 and 150 civilians were reportedly killed at multiple river crossings in the vicinity. The US-led Coalition were alleged to have been bombing in the vicinity at the same time.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
- Maddah Ali Al Matar Age unknown killed
- Son of Abdul-Hamid Al-Saleh Child male killed
- Son of Awad al-Ali Al Matar Child male killed
- Issam Al-Ahmad Age unknown killed
- Ibn Hamad Sultan Child male killed
- Ibn Khuldoun al-Hasan Child male killed
- Ibn 'Awad al-Ali al-Matar Age unknown killed
- Ibn Abd al-Hamid al-Saleh Age unknown killed
- Ahmed Hamada Age unknown male killed
- Asaad al-Gharbi Haj Sulayman Adult male a pharmacist killed
- Fouad Al-Karwan Adult male killed
- Khuder Omir Al Razzj Adult male killed
- Iyad al-Mughair Adult male killed
- his son Mazen Ayad al-Mughair Child male killed
- Ahmad Saleh Abd Al Rahmman Age unknown killed
- Alaa Age unknown killed
- Alaa's mother Age unknown killed
- Alaa's sister Age unknown killed
- saeed the Al Arif Al Jassem Age unknown killed
- Osama Al-Ahmad Age unknown killed
- Farouk Al Saleh Age unknown killed
- Son of Hadi Al Ramadan Age unknown killed
- Waleed Al Khalid Age unknown killed
- Nawal Al - Olayan Wife Ahmed Al - Makhlaf Age unknown killed
- Hammad al-Ali Al Matar Age unknown killed
- son of Abd al-Hamid al-Saleh al-Hammad Age unknown killed
- Khdoue Ameer al-Rezzj Age unknown killed
- Hussein Al Khalifa from Al Bal’aoum Age unknown killed
- Nedal Fouad Al Karwan from Al Bal’aoum Age unknown killed
- Alaa Nassar Al Sahou Age unknown killed
- Ayad Almogir Age unknown killed
- Mazen Iyad al-Mughirr Age unknown killed
- Hamad Adnan Almthhour Age unknown killed
- Mokhtar Nasser al-Hamash Age unknown killed