Five civilians including one child were killed in airstrike on Maarat Al Numan, according to multiple sources – though reports were conflicted as to whether the attack was the work of Russia or the Assad regime.
Both Shaam News Network and Almarra Today reported that the Russians were responsible for firing cluster bombs on the city, while the White Helmets posted a video showing its members sheltering from what was reportedly a third assault.
But the Syrian Network for Human Rights blamed the regime warplanes.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
The victims were named as:
Family members (2)
- Ahmad Razouk al-Barbash Adult male named by the VDC killed
- Laser Barbash Adult male named by the VDC killed
- Bassam al-Ghareeb “al-Teeti” Adult male named by the VDC killed
- Raja Keshto Adult male named by the VDC killed
- Abrar al-Kurdi Child female named by the VDC killed
Sources (8) [ collapse]
from sources (3) [ collapse]
Russian Armed Forces Assessment:
Original strike reports
Russia is not known to have publicly released any information relating to its airstrikes in Syria between December 9th and December 14th 2015.