In what was described as a “massacre”, alleged Russian airstrikes killed least eight but as many as 17 civilians, including at least two girls, many from the same families, and wounded dozens as the town of Hasrat, Deir Ezzor, was struck, local media reported.
Euphrates Post reported that “a massacre committed by warplanes killed a number of martyrs and wounded, mostly women and children, as a result of the targeting of the water-crossing in the town of Hassrat,” adding that the strikes took place around 2 pm in the afternoon.
While the initial reports put the death toll at eight or nine, Euphrates Post and Sharqiya Voice later reported that additional civilians were killed due the wounds they had inflicted.
Several days after the incident, on November 27th, 2017, Euphrates Post reported a total of 14 named victims.
According to the Syrian Network for Human Rights, at least two girls were among the killed.
While the list below counts 18 named fatalities, it should be noted that some might be duplicates due to imprecise reporting. For example, two victims (Nuri Wayyas El Sheikou and Abdul Karim Abdul Hamid Al-Arran) are by most reported as killed in this strike. Though, Abdul Karim Abdul Hamid Al-Arran was also reported killed on November 24th in Hajeen (see RS2753) and Euphrates Post reported that both were killed in the “Sayyal -all-Shaafah crossing”. However, VDC referred to the “Hasarat Shaafa Crossing” in its reporing about the two men’s deaths.
However, as of now, a total of 18 civilians have been reported killed in this event.
Sources also reported that between 20 and “dozens” were left wounded, the highest reported by Step News Agency.
All known reports, who identified a culprit, pointed unanimously to Russian warplanes.
The incident occured at approximately 2:00 pm local time.
- Dr. Shuja’ al- Zarzour Adult male killed
- Saad Samir Al-Hamoud Adult male killed
- Khaled Al-Hameel Al-Zai’n Adult male killed
- The son of Shehata from al Malali Age unknown male killed
- Juma’a Murshad R Al Zai’n Age unknown male
- Saleh Juri al-Maa'dah Age unknown male killed from his wounds killed
- Nuri Wayyas El Sheikou Adult male killed
- Khalid Ramadan Al-Ja'alout Age unknown male killed
- Nasser Shehata al-Malaly Age unknown male killed
- Wife of Ali al - Zuait Age unknown female killed
- Abd al-Kareem Abd al-Hameed al-Aran Adult male killed
Sources (21) [ collapse]
Russian Military Assessment:
Original strike reports
Russia has not reported any strikes between November 4th - 20th 2017.