Twelve named civilians including women and children were killed, and dozens were injured, in air and artillery strikes which hit the residential neighbourhoods in Jisreen. Sources blamed both the Syrian regime and Russia for the airstrikes.
One source reported that there were dozens of airstrikes on the vicinity.
As many as four children and six women were killed, sources said.
Syrian Civil Defence reported that “dozen [were] trapped under the rubble” in the aftermath of the raids. Footage and images show members of the Civil Defence pulling victims from the rubble.
The White Helmets added that “the number of martyrs in the city of Jisreen had risen to 11, including 4 children and 6 women as a result of renewed targeting of residential neighborhoods by air strikes and artillery shells.”
Radio Amal FM said that there had been “more than ten air strikes”.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
- Wafaa al-Khateeb Adult female killed
- Kenana Kaboush Child female killed
- Reem al-Tenawi Adult female killed
- Wafeka Darwesh Adult female killed
- Rama al-Tenawi Adult female killed
- Kasem al-Hamd Adult male killed
- Hanefah al-Khawameh Adult female killed
- Muhammed Sam Dourbll Child male killed
- Hanen Dourbll Child female killed
- Nour al-Tinawi Adult female killed
- Majid Eyas Adult male killed
- Asem al-Hamad Adult male killed
Sources (15) [ collapse]
from sources (3) [ collapse]
This media contains graphic content. Click to unblur.