Between 12 and 17 civilians including six children and five women from several families were killed and dozens more wounded in multiple air and artillery strikes on Douma, local media reported. Sources attributed blame to both Russia and the Syrian regime.
Arab 24 reported that “the airstrikes targeted Douma and Jisreen ahead of the convoy of aid, which includes 13 trucks carrying humanitarian and food items to the city of Douma.” This claim was repeated by a number of other sources, who said that the strikes occurred “at a time when aid agencies [were] preparing to deliver food and aid to the city.”
Twelve of the victims reportedly were from one family.
The raids included a guided missile, a heavy artillery bombardement and a helicopter bombardment.
There was huge destruction to buildings and streets in the local vicinity.
A member of the White Helmets, named as Muhammad Masarwa, reportedly died while helping evacuate people from the area.
The incident occured during the day.
The victims were named as:
Family members (8)
- Khaled Ahmad al-Sleek Adult male killed
- Ahmad Khaled al-Sleek Child male killed
- Alaa Sleek Adult male killed
- Bayan Sleek Child female
- Rayan Sleek Child female killed
- Sham Sleek Child female killed
- Abdul Azeez Sleek Child male killed
- Hisham Sleek Child male killed
Family members (2)
- Inaam Qashoua Adult female killed
- Duaa Delwan Adult female killed
- Adnan Sheikh Al-Daiaa Adult male killed
- Manal Saied Abdul Hak Adult female killed
- Kasem Mohamad Adas Adult male killed
- Khaled Amin al Kurdi Adult male killed
- Muhammad Masarwa nicked name Abu Salamah Adult male Member of the White Helmets killed