Eight civilians were killed, and dozens more were injured, in airstrikes on Zamalka, local media reported. Sources blamed both Russia and the Syrian regime for the raids.
Three missiles were fired onto the residential neighbourhood which allegedly killed “six people from one family and two others”.
Eight of the victims – six from the same family – were named by the Violations Documentation Centre, who blamed the “Syrian government and affiliated militias”.
Amer Alref Alshamee reported “a brutal massacre committed by the military aircraft of the Assad forces in the town of Zamlka, who targeted residential neighborhoods in an air strike with three missiles. This killed six people from one family and two others, all sons of the neighbourhood”.
The Syrian Network for Human Rights said that the deceased family were displaced from Jobar neighbourhood, east of Damascus city – and blamed Syria and Russia for their death.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
The victims were named as:
Family members (6)
- Ahmad Saleh Adult male killed
- Iman al-Aewaj, wife of Ahmad Saleh Adult female killed
- Ibtisam Ahmad Saleh 15 years old female killed
- Noura Ahmad Saleh 14 years old female killed
- Reem Ahmad Saleh 12 years old female killed
- Hosni Ahmad Saleh 7 years old male killed