In a major incident, between 12 and 15 civilians including multiple members from several families were reported killed in alleged Russian or regime strikes on the town of Hamourya. There were also reports of the use of “toxic gases” in the attacks.
@Baraa_Abdul tweeted: The regime is targeting the town of Hamourya with toxic gases now and there are civilian victims
Helicopters committed a massacre in Hamourya and civilian victims are under the rubble. No one pulls them out or rescues the wounded among them”.
According to, @abazeid89: “The situation in Hamourya since yesterday is that Russia has burned and destroyed the city almost completely. Families remained under the basements and could not flee under the shelling towards the rest of Ghouta, some of them came out and were killed. A major assault to storm the city by Russian aviation continues, 5,000 civilians under cellars are threatened with extermination”.
@SiegeWatch noted: “Reports that a convoy of fleeing civilians was directly targeted by an airstrike. New chemical attack, chlorine suspected
“2/ For many in #Hamouriya #حمورية, today is quite literally doomsday. The SCD rescuers are overwhelmed and cannot reach the dead and dying. The town is being demolished.
“3/ Rough estimates that the Syrian government and its allies have bombed Hamouriya today w/ 200+ airstrikes, 100+ barrel bombs, and hundreds of other missiles and mortars. Chemical weapons (chlorine likely), incendiary weapons, and cluster munitions all used. Annihilation”.
Smart added that “One of the strikes targeted the Civil Defense Center in the town directly, which led to his departure from service due to the heavy damage to equipment and mechanisms. We were told that teams were unable to document all the victims as a result of the destruction of the center”.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
The victims were named as:
Family members (5)
- Ibraheem al-Erbini Adult male killed
- Haytham Ibraheem al-Erbini Child male killed
- Safa Ibraheem al-Erbini Child female
- Khajo al-Erbini Adult female killed
- Amineh al-Erbini Adult female
Family members (2)
- Mohammad al-Naddaf Adult male killed
- Ammar al-Naddaf Adult male killed
Family members (3)
- Mohammad Mostafa Yasin Child male killed
- Obada Mostafa Yasin Child male killed
- Dania Zeno (mother of the two former children) Adult female killed
- Ahmad Hamdan Adult male "Media activist and rebel"/ "reporter for Ghouta Media Center". killed
- Mohammad al-Rihani Adult male killed
- Ahmad Issa Adult male killed
- Mohammad Khair Tomeh Adult male killed
- Ahmad al-Gemayel Adult male killed