In a major civilian harm incident, up to 21 civilians died and as many as 70 more were wounded in alleged Russian or regime strikes on Zamalka. Many sources said that this was a chemical attack by the regime, though there were also multiple allegations against Russia.
The Violations Documentation Centre named “18 victims killed in warplane shelling by Syrian government and affiliated militias”.
@Mo7ameDAl_shami and other sources noted reports of “toxic gases”.
According to Micro Syria, the town was bombarded with barrel bombs dropped by the regime and warplane raids by Russa, along with artillery fire. The source said the bombardment had “hysterically targeted places crowded with civilians. It recorded:
30 Russian warplanes
24 barrel bombs
25 heavy artillery shells”
The White Helmets reported “Twenty-one martyrs, including three women and two children, with more than 70 others injured”. It added that residential neighbourhoods had been targeted with “16 air strikes, 18 barrel bombs, more than 60 rockets, rocket launchers and heavy artillery, along with incendiary Napalm bombs”.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
The victims were named as:
Family members (4)
- Fahed Zain al-Deen Adult male killed
- Hasan Zain al-Deen Adult male killed
- Yazan Zain al-Dee Adult male killed
- Haneen Zain al-Deen Adult female killed
Family members (2)
- Ragad al-Malla Child female killed
- Qamar al-Malla Child female killed
- Yasin Diae al-Shaikh Adult male killed
- Mahmoud al-Helo Adult male killed
- Iman al-Dabbas Adult female killed
- Salwa al-Dahla Adult female killed
- Abo Ali Shaikho Adult male killed
- Haytham Shaebia Adult male killed
- Khaled Wakkaf Adult male killed
- Husam Karkour Adult male killed
- Abdo Saedoun Adult male killed
- Mahmoud Laila Adult male killed
- Waleed al-Sadat Adult male killed
- Alae Faeour Adult male killed
- Zia Sheikh Age unknown killed
Sources (14) [ collapse]
from sources (1) [ collapse]
This media contains graphic content. Click to unblur.