Seven or eight people, including two women and two children, were killed in air and artillery strikes on the city of Harasta on March 18th, 2018, according to several sources. The belligerent remains contested, with sources pointing both at Russia and the Syrian regime.
Syriahr reported the incident occurred in the evening, as warplanes carried out “several raids on areas in Harasta city”, which “coincided with the launch of more than 35 missiles believed to be ground-to-ground by the regime forces.”
While the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights mentioned four casualties, Harasta City and the Violations Documentation Centre Syria reported the names of seven victims, including two women and two children. One female victim reported by Harasta City remained unidentified, which makes it a possibility that this woman’s name was later published by the VDC.
@HalabTodayTV tweeted that “two children and two women are martyred due to shelling with surface-to-surface missiles on Harasta city.”
The incident occured in the evening.
- Hassan Al Shatti (Abu Fadel) Adult male killed
- Ahmed Juma (Abu Fayez) Adult male killed
- Member of the Al Akhras family Adult male killed
- Alaa Al Jabba Ji Adult female wife of Abu Ismail Wehbe and mother of Ismail Where killed
- Ismail Wehbe 4 years old male son of Alaa Al-Jabba Ji killed
- Inam Al Abbas Adult female Wife of Abu Mansour Arab killed
- Khaled Antar 8 years old male killed