Up to 17 civilians, 9 of which are from the same family, were reported killed as a result of alleged Russian raids on their houses in Ma’raba in Dara’a, Syria on June 30th, 2018 according to local sources.
Step Agency said “The killing of 14 civilians, including two women and wounding others as a result of Russian and Syrian air strikes which targeted the town of Ma’araba east of Daraa.”
Journalist Mohammad Nour said “At least 17 martyrs, nine of them from a single family in the town of Ma’arba in eastern Dara’a, with Russian shelling of civilian homes as punishment for their refusal of the conditions of Russian surrender.”
Violations Documentation Center documented some names of the victims including Muhammad al-Faour, Yousef Muhmmmad al-Faour, Saeb Muhammad Faour, Ismaiel Ibrahim al-Faour, Najdat al-Matar, Hani Naji al-Masalemah, Abduallah al-Raja, Azad Basheir al-Muqdad, Abdulkarim Zunaifa, Muhammad Ali al-Foadh, Muhammad Jamal al-Abbas, Khadija al-Hamed, Abdulqader al-Dief Allah al-Ghwazi and Ahmad Ali Faour Ghazawe.
Dara’a Martyrs page reported “The warplanes of the regime forces targeted the town of Ma’araba in the eastern countryside of Daraa with several raids, whereby in three of the raids, they targeted a house where a number of displaced persons from its basement took refuge from the military campaign launched by the regime forces in the area, and the raids caused a massacre of fifteen martyrs, including two women And two children.”
White Helmets posted saying that “There are still many remains of martyrs killed as a result of the heavy shelling that hit the eastern sector, and in turn the civil defense are collecting body parts in the town of Ma’arba and burying them duly.”
Both Russian forces and the Syrian regime were blamed for the killing of those civilians. Mohammad Horani, Mohammad Nour and Violations Documentation Center said Russia was responsible.
The incident occured in the evening.
The victims were named as:
Family members (4)
- Mohammed al-Fa’our Age unknown male killed
- Yousef Mohammed Al-Fa’our Age unknown male killed
- Saeb Mohammed al-Fa’our Age unknown male killed
- Ismail Ibrahim Al - Fao’ur Age unknown male killed
Family members (2)
- Abdulqader al-Dief Allah al-Ghwazi Age unknown male killed
- Ahmad Ali Faour Ghazawe Age unknown male killed
- Najdat al Matar Age unknown male killed
- Hani Naji Al-Maslamah Age unknown male killed
- Abdulla Al Raja Age unknown male killed
- Azad Bashir Almqdad Age unknown male killed
- Abdul Karim Znika Age unknown male killed
- Khadija Al-Hamed Age unknown female Wife of Foa'ad killed
- Muhammad Ali al-Foadh Age unknown male Or Muhammad Ali Al-Fedah killed
- Muhammad Jamal al-Abbas Age unknown male killed