An alleged Russian strike targeted a home where “condolences were being held“, according to SMO, killing eight civilians.
Al A’an TV said six died as a result of Russian strikes, while ANA Press also attributed the incident to Russia.
Four civilians were killed in an alleged Russian airstrike on Shaqra, according to the Violations Documentation Centre.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
- Fayez al-Shokan Adult male killed
- Khaled al-Fadileh Adult killed
- Firas Thabet al-Zare Adult male killed
- Mohammad al-Keoud Adult male killed
- Fayez Alshukan Age unknown named by Deir Ezzor 24 who said was killed by Russian warplanes killed
- Khaled Mahmud ElFadilah Age unknown named by Deir Ezzor 24 who said was killed by Russian warplanes killed
- Mohmad el Ga’oud Age unknown named by Deir Ezzor 24 who said was killed by Russian warplanes killed
Sources (6) [ collapse]
Russian Military Assessment:
Original strike reports
In its report for military actions on January 20 2016, the Kremlin reports carrying out strikes in Deir ez-Zor governorate: “In the course of the last day, aircraft of the Russian Aerospace Forces in the Syrian Arab Republic have performed 16 combat sorties engaging 57 objects of terrorists’ infrastructure.