Up to five civilians died in airstrikes on Tel Rifa’at, according to local sources – though reports were conflicted as to whether this was the work of Russia or the Assad regime.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported that multiple Russian warplanes targeted Aleppo on February 13th, adding that there were 20 strikes on Tel Rifa’at, but they did not report any casualties. Shahba Press also blamed Russia for carrying out more than 20 strikes, and put the death toll at five.
But according to the Syrian Network for Human Rights at least five victims died when regime warplanes missiles fired on Tel Rifa’at. Step News Agency referred to strikes by both Russian warplanes and Syrian military helicopters.
One victim was named by the Violations Documentation Center.
The VDC later named five other victims killed in a Russian strike.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
- Bassam Hamadeh Adult male Listed by VDC, also known as Abo Jameel killed
- Ahmad al-Khateeb Adult male Listed by VDC killed
- Mohammad Ahmad al-Khateeb Adult male Listed by VDC killed
- Abd al-Salam Walid Saloum al-San Adult male Listed by VDC killed
- Abdo Omer Hamida Adult male Listed by VDC, possibly same as Hassam Hamadeh killed
Sources (13) [ collapse]
Russian Military Assessment:
Original strike reports
From February 10th – February 16th, Russia reported: “On February 10-16, aircraft of the Russian aviation group in the Syrian Arab Republic have performed 444 combat sorties engaging 1593 terrorists’ objects in the provinces of Deir ez-Zor, Daraa, Homs, Hama, Latakia and Aleppo.”