Up to six civilians were killed in an alleged Russian airstrike on southern Aleppo, according to local sources. They were named by the VDC.
However according to Syria Martrys, Al-Haj Barakat (named by the VDC) was a militant, not a civilian and died from a gun shot. It also listed Hameed Ramadan (65 years old) and his grandchild (female 10 years) as killed in Tal Al-daman in the Aleppo countryside. These victims were also named by Hassan.
Alsory_Alhor said two died and others including women were injured “following air raids by Russian Aviation which targeted rural tal Al Daman“.
Both Syriapc and FreeSyriaTV also blamed Russia, putting the death toll at two civilians with more injured – including many women, and an unidentified female child.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
- Mazen al-Haj Barakat Adult male Listed by VDC killed
- Abo Suleiman Adult male Listed by VDC killed
- Abo al-Alaa Adult male Listed by VDC killed
- Omar al-Ahmad al-Hussain Adult male Listed by VDC killed
- Hameed al-Ramadan Adult male Listed by VDC killed
- son of Hameed al-Ramadan Child male Listed by VDC killed
Sources (7) [ collapse]
Russian Military Assessment:
Original strike reports
From February 10th – February 16th, Russia reported: “On February 10-16, aircraft of the Russian aviation group in the Syrian Arab Republic have performed 444 combat sorties engaging 1593 terrorists’ objects in the provinces of Deir ez-Zor, Daraa, Homs, Hama, Latakia and Aleppo.”