Between two and four civilians died in multiple airstrikes on Al Bulial, according to local sources. While the majority of reports blamed Russia, some pointed towards the Assad regime.
According to All4Syria: “Russian warplanes carried out 12 raids on a farm in the village of Albulial, resulting in a number of civilian deaths. Among them were Hussein al-Ajil and Basil Mattar al-Farhan Saleh and Shadi Saleh Ma’ajoun al Hijjo and Lakman Watani al Zarzour.” [the last name was also linked to the previous event.]
Other sources blaming Russia included Nabd Syria, Smart, Deir Free and Syrianpc. They all put the death toll at two.
According to Yasmin Alsham there was “heavy artillery shelling in Al-Mohsen and Al Bulial towns as the fighting with IS continues around the military airport.” Other sources referred to raids but didn’t identify the culprits, while LCCSY said as many as 12 missiles were fired from a “warplane”.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
- Hussein al-Ajil Age unknown named by All4Syria killed
- Basil Mattar al-Farhan Saleh Age unknown named by All4Syria killed
- Shadi Saleh Ma’ajoun al Hijjo Age unknown named by All4Syria killed
- Shadi Saleh Al Ma’joun Age unknown named by Syrian PC killed
- Basel Matar Al-Farhan Age unknown named by Syrian PC, The VDC also named Basel Martar Al-Farhan, however, they said that he was killed in “Syrian regime shelling”.
Sources (14) [ collapse]
Russian Armed Forces Assessment:
Original strike reports
Russia has published no known record of strikes in Syria from February 17th – February 29th.