Between 15 and 19 civilians died in an alleged airstrikes on a public bus in Palmyra, according to local sources.
According to Alarby, Homs Media Center and Shaam News, 15 died and 20 more were injured when Russian warplanes targeted a bus on the road from Palmyra to Raqqa. Eldorar reported that Russia continued to carry out intense raids on the city, “one of which targeted a civilian bus on the road between Palmyra and Raqqa”.
The Syrian Network for Human Rights also referred to regime forces targeting the city, and then to “warplanes” (which they don’t identify) bombing “the road between the city of Palmyra and the town of Sukhna in Homs, which hit a bus carrying passengers who were on their way from the city of Raqqa to Damascus”. Shaam News Network reported: “15 civilians were killed and about 20 wounded on Friday in the bombing of a plane belonging to the Russian aggression on a civilian bus near Palmyra.”
Raqqa is Being Slaughtered Silently suggested that the incident may have occurred on March 11th: “Yesterday warplanes targeted a coach heading from Raqqa to Damascus which led to the death of 15 people from Raqqa.” It did not say who was responsible. The Violations Documentation Center listed eight adults as victims of a Russian strike on a bus carrying passengers between Raqqa and Damascus.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
The victims were named as:
Family members (3)
- Fawaz al-Haddawi al-Fares Adult male killed
- Son of Fawaz al-Haddawi al-Fares 1 Adult male killed
- Son of Fawaz al-Haddawi al-Fares 2 Adult male killed
Family members (2)
- Saji Mousa Khuder al-Methyab Adult male killed
- Wife of Saji Mousa Khuder al-Methyab Adult female killed
- Yasser al-Hbeish Adult male killed
- Melhem Fares al-Mohammad al-Assad Adult male killed
- Mohammad Al Khodar Age unknown male killed
- Abd al Qader al Ibrahim Age unknown male killed
Sources (21) [ collapse]
Russian Armed Forces Assessment:
Original strike reports
Russia has published no known record of strikes in Syria for March 1st to March 30th.