Sixteen civilians including several children and four women died in airstrikes on Al Buliyal, according to local sources – though reports were conflicted as to whether this was the work of Russia or the regime, with a number of sources not naming a culprit.
LCCSY said that 15 civilians including four women and a child died when Russian warplanes struck a residential neighborhood.
According to Mwso3a, ten civilians were killed and at least 20 others wounded in Russian strikes. Media activist Badr Al-khalaf said there had been five raids.
Syrianevent1 put the death toll at 16 and blamed Russia. Qasioun also blamed Russia.
However, many other sources – including Syrian News Desk, Fresh Syria, Syrian mirror, the Syrian Network for Human Rights and the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights – said that the regime were responsible. Death counts varied between 14 and 16, with Syrian Mirror reporting that as many as 25 other non-combatants were injured.
The Shaam News Network reported that warplanes (unidentified) struck the town before Friday prayers, killing 16 civilians – including women – and wounding dozens more.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights put the death toll at 15, including four women, but did not say who was to blame.
Likewise, Deir Ezzor is Being Slaughtered Silently referred only to “warplanes“, but named multiple victims.
“As well as 5 other martyrs whose names we haven’t yet received and more than ten wounded.”
Yones_salameh named an seven additional victims killed by “warplanes”.
Alnateq2 named two additional victims, again allegedly killed by unidentified warplanes.
However, the Syrian Network for Human Rights blamed the regime, putting the death toll at 15 including two children and three women.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
- Idad Fajir Sheikh Adult female killed
- Morshed al Hayes abu Mohammad Adult killed
- Daham al Asmar al Kandah Adult killed
- Mohammad Matar al Sheikh Adult male killed
- Mohammad Khaleef al Bassis Adult male killed
- Sabouha al Mousa, the wife of Adnan al Tufah Adult female killed
- Mohammad Obeid al Hilal Adult male killed
- Ibrahim al Silal Abu al Loma Adult killed
- Son of Mohammed Al-hamoud Al-af’fat Child male killed
- Son of Ubaeid Al-hilal Child male killed
- Abu-Alluma Adult male A senior displaced from Al-hamediya and residing in Albulel killed
- Son of Wa’ed Ramadan Nseeb Al-ateya Child male killed
- Daughter of Ayesh Al-bannawah Adult female killed
- Son-in-law of Ayesh Al-bannawah Adult male killed
- Abdur-Rahman Habadi Adult killed
- Al-Abdullah Al-shihab Adult killed
- Widad Al Fajr al Sheikh Adult female died later of her injuries killed
Sources (29) [ collapse]
Original strike reports
Russia has not reported any strikes between June 1st – 31st 2016.