Seven civilians including two children died in airstrikes on Kafr Hamra, according to local sources – though reports were conflicted as to whether this was an attack by Russia or regime forces.
However, the Syrian Network for Human Rights blamed the regime, putting the death toll at four.
According to So_ria9, “regime helicopters threw barrels in Kafr Hamra causing fires.”
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said that a number of civilians had been wounded in Kafr Hamra, but didn’t mention any deaths nor who was responsible.
According to the White Helmets, two children died and two men were injured following a raid by vacuum missiles.
It also published a distressing video showing the body of a child being removed from the rubble though they did not say who carried out the attack.
Step News Agency reported that “more than ten civilians were under the rubble” following “Russian shelling”.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
The victims were named as:
Family members (7)
- Abdul Naser Dello 9 months years old male killed
- Hamida Bushra 5 months years old killed
- Shahud Kajo (haj Ali) 47 years years old killed
- Mahmoud Youssef Da’bul 19 years years old male killed
- Youssef Da’bul 21 years years old male killed
- Malik Abdo Yassin Majri 26 years years old killed
- Yasser Khalifa male killed
Sources (36) [ collapse]
Russian Armed Forces Assessment:
Original strike reports
Russia has not reported any strikes between June 1st – 31st 2016.